Monday, December 23, 2013

Letting go…of not appreciating “what is” enough

I always clean up my house before leaving on a trip. I love coming back to a clean house. Who doesn’t? But this is one time that I truly make an effort.
Yesterday, as I cleaned the fridge. Oh yes… You heard right. I cleaned the fridge. And cleaning the fridge always forces me to face some realities – some sticky, some old. So in that spirit, I wondered why it was important for me to come back to a clean house. I figured there is the somewhat sadness about the end of a holiday or vacation. So imagine opening the front door to be greeted by clutter and its bff reality.

My brows creased. And not at the sticky something I struggled with. This was my home and why should coming back to it be a somewhat sad thing in my mind? Why did I need to make sure that my “welcome back to routine” was a pleasant one?
This was my home. My clutter. My routine. My life. My happiness. My mess. Yes. Exactly. I fiercely continued to scrub the sticky something now chilled to eternity in my fridge.  

But I decided that if that was truly my viewpoint, it could do with some revamping. And it may be a worthwhile effort.
Although I did continue to clean the house, I did it with a certain appreciation… of my home. My clutter. My routine. My life. My happiness. My mess.

1 comment: