Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Letting go of… Snappy the Dragon Lady

My life overwhelms me. Not particularly happy about several aspects of my life and illness, I believe I have turned into Snappy the Dragon Lady.  

My family will rapidly recount stories of what happens when you fall in the path of fire breathing Snappy the Dragon lady. Why I can’t recognize myself either when I don this dragon avatar.
So this week’s intention is to let go of the fire that Snappy breathes.

If Snappy is frustrated or disappointed, maybe she can try and cool her dragon tail before interacting with the family. Or maybe Snappy could do some breathing techniques (the non-fire breathing kind) till she becomes zen-dragon. Okay, somewhat zen-dragon will work too. For there is no need for my stress, pain and fears to affect my interactions with my family. Especially given the terrible guilt and remorse I feel later. Sigh…dragons have hearts too.
Snappy has been around for a while now and getting rid of her is going to be difficult. She believes she has earned her right to be here given how hard things can be for her. So it seems unlikely that Snappy the dragon will turn into a soft purring kitty overnight. But simply noticing her when her she raises her dragon head, soothing the same fierce head and gently leading her to the door may be a good start.

Staying firm, compassionate and determined and not giving in to the dragon within may be the only way for me to train this dragon...

How will you train your dragon?

No comments:

Post a Comment