Friday, September 20, 2013

The letting go toolbox

This was shared with me quite recently. I haven’t tried it yet, but I certainly hope I will soon. It is used in a local hospital and was originally shared by a drug representative.

It’s called the “3 by 3”. The idea is to write down the following three times a day.
-          Three reasons to feel better
-          Three steps you’re taking to get there
-          Three things you are grateful for

It appeals to me because there is something about putting things down in writing. When your own words stare back at you, the credibility and commitment is bound to increase.
In all honesty, I doubt I will ever manage to write it three times a day. But even if I do so once, I think it will be a good start.

2 comments:

  1. Completely agree, at least with #3, cause I do that everyday :)
    For once, it forces you into details, rather than forcing you to the big picture. But at the same time, it helps us realize that we do take a lot of things for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring...hopefully I'll get to the point where I can say I do this everyday :)

    ReplyDelete